1. Do you feel the need to make excuses for their alcohol or other drug using behaviors?
2. Do you sometimes lie to cover for them due to their alcohol or other drug use related behaviors?
3. Do you avoid talking to them about their alcohol or other drug use for fear of their negative response?
4. Have you given them opportunities to correct their using behaviors with little or no change on their part?
5. Do you feel responsible in part for their alcohol or other drug use and related problems?
6. Have you ever felt that if you changed yourself or manipulated the environment that you could stop or control their using?
7. Do you sometimes lay awake at night worrying about them due to their alcohol or other drug use and related behaviors?
8. Are you finding it harder to trust them?
9. Do you find yourself needing to "keep an eye" on them in an attempt to protect them, yourself or your property?
10. Are you spending time worrying about their use, trying to prevent their use, or trying to fix the consequences of their using behaviors?